Tell your carbon removal story to an audience of policymakers, entrepreneurs, and industry professionals
The Carbon Removal Show is the #1 podcast dedicated to carbon removal
- The place for the carbon removal conversation: other shows are great, but being broadly “climate” means the focus on carbon removal is diluted
- Insights from depth: we have the space to tackle the depths of carbon removal beyond just “people should do it more”
- Quality, not quantity: each episode is “NPR style” with weeks of research, interviews, fact checking and sound design
Season One laid the foundation for understanding carbon removal
- Why it’s important
- The pros and cons of different solutions (trees; regen ag; BECCS; DAC)
- Barriers to mass adoption (technology; finance; public perception)
- Discussions with 25 industry experts including business leaders, engineers, the Head of XPRIZE, and an IPCC report author
Season Two asks the tough, but important questions
- Why have some carbon offsetting schemes gone wrong? What can we learn?
- How to account for biodiversity and not just carbon sequestration?
- Where is the supply? What’s needed for more carbon removal projects?
We interview an organisation (you?) that is removing carbon as part of a net zero pledge.
We discuss what challenges there were to achieve internal buy in to go ahead with the policy
This lays the foundation for the rest of the episode to explore the challenge, and how others can overcome it.
For example “How to verify carbon”
- Discussion with Global Head of Environmental Protection at AstraZeneca
- Talk about how a big challenge in their Ambition Zero Carbon strategy was getting alignment to ensure that carbon offsets are legitimate (to avoid accusations of greenwashing)
- This sets up the episode to explore carbon markets, and solutions to verify
The audience you will be speaking to
TCRS listeners broadly fit into four categories
- Policymakers/ Think tanks/ Investors
- Climate curious consumers
- Companies looking to buy carbon removal offsets
All are interested in incorporating carbon removal into their (professional) lives and so appearing on the show will mean being heard by people sharing carbon removal best practices
~45% USA; ~35% UK; ~20% ROW
~37% aged 28-34; ~40% aged 35+
65% male; 33% female
The exciting thing about podcasts are that when done well (see below) sponsor messages uniquely cut through to listeners
Some of the organisations who subscribe to our newsletter
There are two aspects to think about regarding audience: now and the future
Season One of TCRS gained over 10,000 listens in its first 90 days through organic traffic. Since then, the show gets ~4,000 listens per week with zero marketing effort.
Sponsorship funds from Season Two will be used for marketing to grow the show further, through creating a menu of SoMe assets and pushing these via paid campaigns.
The combination of this, plus the content’s longevity makes us confident that Season Two episodes will get 25,000+ listens + engagement via SoMe
Content guidelines/ rules
What’s the value for you?
- Publicity: for your organisation to an audience who spread best practices of carbon removal
- Thought leadership: by moving the conversation beyond announcing a target to discussing the practicalities of implementation to inspire others
- Evergreen content: you can repurpose across multiple platforms
- Bonus 1: we also write a content-rich guest post that you can use in your content funnel that gives additional depth/ commentary to the work you are doing
- Bonus 2: you have the option to appear as a guest on our “Season Finale webinar” about how to get more organisations to decarbonise. Another opportunity to present your initiative to a super relevant audience
Get in touch!
Fill out the form below to discuss appearing on the show! Including if you have others ideas of how we could do a paid partnership together